2020 and 2021 have been doozies. There is no reason to believe that 2022 will be less so. Don’t say, “It has to be better than 2021” or 2022 might take it as a dare. Amidst it all, there is a lot to learn.
There are many lessons to learn, but, like the lessons we had in school, the question has to be asked, “Did we learn from the lessons?” I leave that to you to determine.
New Year’s Day is often a time of reflection. Perhaps reflect on these matters, particularly as they relate to the many lessons we will encounter in 2022:
- “Did I learn more about compassion, empathy and love?”
- “Did I learn more about resilience, independence, confidence and courage?”
- “Did I learn more about truth, beauty and goodness?”
- “Did I learn humility, cooperation, patience, hope and charity?”
- “Did I gain wisdom by listening to life and those I encounter?”
These lessons aren’t like in school where you have tests, homework and exams scattered throughout the semester. Our lessons come in each moment, as do the tests to determine whether we’ve learned and are applying the lessons.
I wish you a 2022 that is rich in learning as there will be many lessons to learn from. Guaranteed.